Please fill in and complete the following Job Application to the best of your ability. Incomplete applications will not be considered. This includes Past Employment with References.
African Safari Wildlife Park is a Drug-Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For all Positions: Must have excellent communication skills, be able to pass pre-employment screening, must have valid Driver's License, be on your feet for several hours, and lift up to 50 pounds. Must be available to work weekends, and holidays.
Description: African Safari Wildlife Park is looking for a reliable Construction Manager to work directly with the Park's Director in the planning of construction projects and overseeing their progress in a timely and cost-effective manner. This position is responsible for budgeting, organization, and implementation of the projects. This position is year-round and Full-Time. This position possesses skills and knowledge for basic construction principles and practices. May work individually and/or in a team setting with the Director, outside services/contractors, and Maintenance Staff.
- Ability to follow both oral and written instructions.
- Proven working experience in construction management
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process
- Familiarity with construction management software packages
- Ability to plan and see the “big picture”
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Leadership and human resources management skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
- BS degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field is strongly preferred
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors
- Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory
- Meet contractual conditions of performance
- Review the work progress on daily basis
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licenses
- Analyze, manage, and mitigate risks
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques